“With the Mavic 2 Enterprise, DJI has created a drone that makes powerful technology accessible to every enterprise and revolutionizes how they do their work,” said DJI President Roger Luo. “Mavic 2 Enterprise is the world’s most capable commercial drone, purpose-built to serve the operational needs of our industry partners as well as companies that are just now preparing to embrace the benefits of drone technology. DJI’s hardware and software set the standard for aerial innovation around the globe, and Mavic 2 Enterprise is the most compact, powerful, reliable and safe tool to help professionals integrate drones into their operations.”
According to the DJI press release, the M2E new advanced controls and accessories include:
- A high-resolution, 12-megapixel camera that is stabilized by a three-axis gimbal for smooth, stable video and images.
- M2E Spotlight ? A dual spotlight with a brightness of 2,400 lumens aids operators in carrying out missions in dark or low-light areas. Spotlight is ideal for search and rescue as well as inspection applications.
- M2E Speaker ? A loudspeaker with a maximum projection of 100 decibels (1-meter distance) lets pilots play up to 10 custom voice recordings on demand, providing a communications channel to nearby individuals that can be critical during lifesaving emergency operations.
- M2E Beacon ? Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Night Waiver standards in mind, the M2E Beacon features a bright flashing strobe visible three miles away. This helps pilots carry out missions in low-light conditions or at night much more safely, and provides additional airspace awareness for operators of nearby drones and traditional aircraft.
- Using 24GB of onboard data storage and password protection, a new GPS timestamping feature, and DJI’s Local Data Mode feature, the M2E includes enhanced data security and protection for sensitive data such as photos, videos and flight logs.
- Every M2E includes DJI’s AirSense technology for improved pilot situational awareness.
- DJI’s FOC propulsion motors and efficient propellers enhance the M2E’s flight time, delivering a flight of up to 31 minutes and a top speed of 72 kph (45 mph).
- Ocusync 2.0, DJI’s latest video and data transmission system, provides a more stable connection between the drone and its remote operator. The system also features stronger interference resistance and auto-switching capabilities that support both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands with the capability to use different frequencies for uplink and downlink data streams.
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing with the Mavic 2 Enterprise FlightAutonomy system.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Universal Edition, which includes an aircraft, a remote controller, one battery, all three mountable accessories and a protector case with flight tools retails for $1,999. A Fly More Kit, which includes two batteries, one battery charging hub, one car charger, one USB connector, one soft case and two propellers is also available for $419 USD.
The M2E announcement comes on the heels of DJI’s launch of the Phantom 4 RTK earlier this month.